Se tem ou faz parte de uma equipa de desenvolvimento saiba que o DevOps é o modelo (cultural e operacional) que permite incrementar o desempenho das equipas de desenvolvimento de forma a serem atingidos os objetivos de negócio da organização.
A certificação é composta por Formação DevOps Fundamentals e Exame.
Individuals involved in IT development, IT operations, or IT service management.
Individuals whose role are touched by DevOps and continuous delivery, such as the following IT roles:
. DevOps engineers
. Product owners
. Integration specialists
. Operations managers
. Incident and change managers
. System administrators
. Network administrators
. Business managers
. Automation architects
. Enterprise architects
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
. Explain the drivers responsible for the emergence of DevOps.
. Define and discuss the key concepts and principles of DevOps.
. List and explain the business benefits of DevOps and continuous delivery.
. Describe the Service Delivery process.
. Explain the concepts of test automation, infrastructure automation, and build and deployment automation.
. Describe how DevOps relates to Lean and Agile methodologies.
. Summarize case studies of IT organizations that are making the transformation to Adaptive IT and DevOps models.
. List the most common and popular DevOps tools.
. Discuss the critical success factors for DevOps implementation.
Basic familiarity with Agile, Scrum, Lean, and ITSM principles is beneficial.
Devops Fundamentals Exam
O exame tem as seguintes caraterísticas:
• Formato do exame: Online (sem consulta)
• Duração: 60 minutos + 15 minutos (extra para não-nativos em Inglês)
• Perguntas: 40 perguntas (escolha múltipla)
• Resultado: 65% de sucesso (requisito mínimo para passar)
1 - DEVOPS INTRODUCTION
1.1 - Emergence of DevOps:
• Digital Transformation and DevOps
• Why organizations should do DevOps?
• Business Case for DevOps
• DevOps History
• Benefits of DevOps
1.2 - Core Concepts of DevOps:
• DevOps Definitions
• Culture of High Performance IT
• How DevOps is tightly intertwined with Agile and Lean IT?
• DevOps Principles and Aspects of IT
1.3 - DevOps Agile Skills Association (DASA):
• DevOps Skills Areas, Knowledge Areas, and Competence Framework
• DASA Qualification Scheme, Mission, and Vision
2.1 - Introduction to a DevOps Culture:
• Build Around Teams: Facilitated Lean Product ‘Companies’
• The Boston Consultancy Group (BCG) Matrix
• The Three Horizons Model
• What is DevOps culture?
• Cultural Aspects of a DevOps Team
• DevOps Environment: Service Mindset and Quality at the Source
• What context to provide to facilitate growth areas for teams?
2.2 - Key Elements of DevOps:
• What is a team?
• Intrinsically Motivated Teams
• Collaboration: A Success Factor of a Team
• Visual Management: A Key Tool of Teambuilding
• Importance of Quality at the Source
• Cost of Accumulating Technical Debt
• Role of Continuous Improvement in Solving Problems
• Structured Problem-Solving
• The Kaizen Mindset: Tackling the Root Cause of Problems
• Relationship Between Experimentation and Complications
• Courage to Act: A Key Behavior of a DevOps Team
• Courage and Experimentation
• Courageous Behavior Requires Safety
• Experimentation Meetups: A Key Tool of Courage
• Leadership in a DevOps Environment
• Mission Command Versus Central Command
• Importance of Leadership to Overcome Five Barriers of Effective Collaboration
• Leadership and Feedback
• Role of Leaders in Stimulating the Use of Tools to Develop Effective Habits
• Feedback: A Key Leadership Tool
2.3 - Implementation of a DevOps Culture:
• How to build a DevOps culture?
• Impact of Treating Change as a Program
• Growing Culture: Experimenting, Measuring, and Probing
• Importance of Tracking the Movement Towards a DevOps Culture
• Cultural Change: A Collective Movement
3 - ORGANIZATION
3.1 - Organizational Models:
• Impact of DevOps on the Organization
• Alignment of Organizational Model with IT Services
• Traditional Structuring of Teams and Waste
• DevOps “Literally” is No Solution
• Importance of DevOps Hybrid Versions
• Activity-Focused Versus Product-Focused Approaches
• DevOps Organigram
3.2 - Autonomous Teams:
• What is autonomy?
• Autonomy of Teams
• Criteria for Autonomous Teams
• Decoupling Point: A Key Consideration for Autonomous Teams
• Conway’s Law and Organizations’ Architecture
• A Real-life Example: Solving the Autonomy Problems
3.3 - Architecting for DevOps:
• Aim of the IT Architecture
• Focus on Building Qualities
• Smaller Services
• Relation Between Complexity and Quality
• Micro Services Architecture (MSA) and its Characteristics
• MSA Supports Faster, Cheaper, Better Software Development
• Architecting for Systemic Resilience
• Moving from Legacy to Smaller Services
3.4 - Governance:
• DevOps Governance
• Governance Within Teams and Between Multiple Teams
• Scrum of Scrums with Agile Teams to Coordinate and Collaborate
4 - PROCESSES
4.1 - Process Basics:
• What is a process?
4.2- DevOps in Relation to ITSM:
• DevOps and ITSM
4.3 - Agile and Scrum:
• Traditional Versus Agile
• Role of Multidisciplinary Feature Teams
• The Agile Manifesto
• The Scrum Flow
• Advantages of Working Agile
4.4 - Optimizing Processes Using Lean:
• What is Lean?
• The Eight Types of Lean Wastes
• Optimization of Processes Using Value Stream Mapping
4.5 - Business Value Optimization and Business Analysis Using Story Mapping:
• Role of Minimal Viable Product in an Agile Process
• How Story Mapping works?
• Role of Slices in Story Mapping
5 - AUTOMATION
5.1 - Automation for Delivery of Software:
• Automation of Routine Jobs
• Automation Changes the Focus Towards Engineering Tasks
• DevOps Teams and Focus on the Delivery of Value
• Everything as Code
5.2 - Continuous Delivery Core Concepts:
• What is continuous delivery?
• Benefits of Automating Continuous Delivery
• Cycle Time Reduction: Continuous Delivery Primary Goal
• Primary Principles of Continuous Delivery
• Continuous Delivery Versus Integration and Deployment
• Continuous Delivery Focus Topics
5.3 - Continuous Delivery Automation Concepts:
• Software has to Flow
• Impact of Continuous Delivery on a DevOps Team’s Performance
• Types of Feedback
• Fail Fast: Immediate and Visible Failure!
• DevOps Versus Continuous Delivery
5.4 - Continuous Delivery Automation Focus Topics:
• Automation Build and Software Package Delivery Flow
• Automated Test and Optimized Software Validation (Tests)
• Automated Test: DevOps Merges Specification and Verification
• Automated Deployment and its Benefits
• Deployment Strategies
• Automated Provisioning
• Containerization (Microservices)
• Continuous Delivery Backlog
5.5 - Emergence of Cloud Technology and Principles:
• Emergence of Cloud Computing
• Cloud Services, Self Service Infrastructure, Platform, and Software
• National Institute of Standardization (NIST) Cloud Principles
5.6 - Cloud Service Concepts in a DevOps Organization:
• Cloud Principles in DevOps Organizations
• Different Conversations Between Development and Operations in a Traditional Organization
• Different Conversations Between Development and Operations in a DevOps Organization
• DevOps Platform Teams as a “Cloud” Service Provider
• DevOps Business System Product and Platform Product Teams
• Different Types of Clouds to Operate
5.7 - Automated Provisioning Concepts:
• Pets Versus Cattle
• Desired State Configuration to Automate Environments
• Automated Provisioning with Mutable Infrastructure and Immutable Infrastructure
• Continuous Delivery for Platform Products
• Automated Provisioning and Engineering Mindset
5.8 - Platform Product Characteristics and Application Maturity:
• Services Required by DevOps Business System Teams
• Product Teams, Cloud Services, and Freedom
• Use of Platform Services and Maturity of Applications
• How to apply Cloud concepts in an organization?
6 - MEASURE AND IMPROVEMENT
6.1 - Importance of Measurement:
• Need of Measurement and Feedback
• Importance of Feedback: Three Ways Model
• Measurements and CALMS
• Relation Between Measurement and Responsibility
6.2 - Choosing the Right Metrics:
• Survivorship Bias
• Actions Based on Measurements
• Performance Metrics Versus Performance Predictors
• Measuring Leading Indicators for Culture, Organizations, Process Efficiency, Software Development
6.3 - Automation, Data Center Automation, and Measurements
• Top Practices Correlated with Deployment Frequency, Lead Time for Changes, and Mean Time to Recover (MTTR)
• Top Five Predictors of IT Performance
• IT Performance: Throughput Versus Stability
6.4 - Monitoring and Logging:
• Continuous Monitoring and its Scope
• Optimized Monitoring for DevOps
• Collecting Feedback from an Automated Software Delivery Pipeline
• Dashboards to Build the Feedback Culture (Release Dashboard, Test and Quality Dashboard, Build Dashboard, Performance Dashboard, and Product Usage Dashboard)
• Importance of Logging Stakeholders and Usage Examples